High Temperature Wire Conveyor Belts
VICO wire mesh belts for temperatures up to 1150 deg C are individually designed for each particular application, taking into account conveyor temperature, speed, size, shape and weight of the product along with the general process
High Temperature Wire Conveyor Belts
Wire conveyor belts for high temperature conveying ovens
The oven or furnace belts briefly described below are currently being used for these applications:
- Carbo nitriding
- Continuous ovens for heat treatment
- Sintering and brazing
- Solution heat-treatment
All VICO wire mesh belts are individually designed for each particular application, taking into account conveyor temperature, speed, size, shape and weight of the product along with the general process and working conditions.
Material selection is also dependent on process conditions, but generally those shown below are selected for continuous conveying at elevated temperatures of 600 to 1150 deg C.
- 25/20 AISI 314 stainless steel
- Ni-Cr 37/18
- Ni-Cr 37/18 Cb
- Ni-Cr 80-20
- Inconel 600 & 601
Many of the VICO high temperature conveyor belts can be supplied with selvages which are either welded, ladder or knuckled, but also with reinforced selvages & guard edges and if needed drive chains
The VICO-AD mesh belts consist of double alternating, right and left-hand wire spirals, connected together by either straight or pre-crimped connecting rods.
The VICO-CD belt consists of double interconnected wire spirals reinforced with straight reinforcing rods.
The VICO-MB is a ‘balanced’ belt and consists of alternating right and left-hand wire spirals, connected together by pre-crimped connecting rods.
The VICO-MC belt consists of wire spirals woven together and reinforced with straight reinforcing rods.
The VICO-MP mesh belt consists of very closely woven alternating right and left-hand wire spirals, with each spiral being crossed by three or more straight or pre-crimped connecting rods.
The VICO-TU mesh belt consists of closely wound alternating right and left-hand wire spirals connected together by straight connecting rods.
The VICO-TR honeycomb conveyor belt consists of flat bars and is sprocket driven instead of being roller driven offering a considerable free area, is easy to keep clean and being sprocket driven ensures prefer centering and suitable for temperatures from -150deg C to 600 deg C.
Each of these wire mesh belts for high temperature applications is designed using Costacurta’s well proven in house calculation program to select the most suitable belt for the application.
Type VICO-CD (group1100)
Type VICO-MC -guard edges (group1300)
- Baking oven belts for the production of bread, biscuits and pizzas.
- Continuous mesh belts in sintering and brazing furnaces
- Continuous ovens for insulating wool production plants
- Continuous conveying lines for enameling, PTFE coating and brazing
- Continuous driers for the production of polyester fibers, wadding, non woven fabrics and felts
- Continuous drying ovens for textiles and leather tanning
- Drying lines for veneer and wood laminate production
- Heating furnaces for bottle conveying in the glass industry
- Tunnels and continuous conveying lines for the production of rubber sheeting
ADVANTAGES OF WIRE MESH BELTS
- An extensive range of belt types & styles for economical solutions to almost all conveying
- Available with drive chains and special guard edges
- Close weaves for applications requiring perfectly flat surfaces
- Excellent strength to weight ratio for conveying products outside the scope of other belt types
- Low and high temperature capability from – 150º to 1150º C due to use of special alloy steels.
Type VICO-TU-K – knuckled selvage (group 100 & 200)
Type VICO-MP – guard edges (group 300 & 400)