Cooling and Freezing
The multi-directional flexibility of Costacurta’s VICO-Flex and VICO-Traflex wire mesh conveyor belts are ideal for conveying in spiral freezing towers and curved or straight conveyors at temperatures as low as -150 deg C
Cooling and Freezing
Wire mesh conveyor belts for cooling and freezing processes
The multi-directional flexibility of Costacurta’s VICO-Flex and VICO-Traflex wire mesh conveyor belts are suitable for conveying in spiral freezing towers and curved or straight conveyors at temperatures as low as -150 deg C.
These types of belt are used mainly in the food industry for:
- spiral cooling and freezing towers
- straight tunnels for proofing, cooling and freezing
All VICO wire mesh belts are individually designed for each particular application, taking into account conveyor temperature, speed, size, shape and weight of the product along with the general process and working conditions.
The VICO-Flex belts have chains on edges made of specially shaped links with slotted holes to nest the connecting rods. This type of construction enables the belt to flex in every direction. VICO-Flex belts are usually made with a mesh overlay, but in some cases if the product size allows they can be supplied overlay free. As with most Costacurta wire mesh belts they can be supplied with integral guard edges and where necessary Nylon or stainless sprockets.
The VICO-Traflex belts are made of flat bars and connecting rods. The flat bars are specially designed to allow a great deal of flexibility in every direction. Due to the large open area VICO-Traflex belts are easy to clean and very flexible for use. They can be supplied complete with guard edges, fixed or removable dividers and, if necessary, Nylon or stainless steel sprockets.
Material selection for both styles of belt for spiral cooling towers is dependent on process conditions, but is generally stainless steel 304 although other materials are available on request.
Both these types of belt are complimented by a very wide range of Costacurta VICO-belts used in baking ovens for the production of bread, biscuits, pizzas, etc and many more food processing applications.
Type VICO-Traflex HD
Type VICO-Traflex STD-SF
- cooling and freezing tunnels for continuous pasteurising lines for preserves and drinks
- spiral tower and tunnel conveying belts for proofing, cooling and freezing of bread
ADVANTAGES OF WIRE MESH BELTS
- Available with drive chains and special guard edges
- Low and high temperature capability from – 150º to 1150º C due to use of special alloy steels.
- Multi directional flexibility of VICO-Flex & VICO-Traflex belts due to special mesh construction
- Styles suitable for both straight and curved applications
- Capability to customize conveyor belts to suit specific applications for maximum productivity